For a delicious vegetarian meal, try this hearty lentil bolognese.
The ingredient of Mushroom and lentil bolognaise
- 1 brown onion, peeled, u2028coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stick, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh bay leaves or dried bay leaves
- 4 large (about 385g) field mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 200g (1 cup) French green lentils
- 410g can Ardmona Rich & Thick Tomatoes & Paste
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400g btl tomato pasta sauce
- 375g pkt dried wholemeal spaghetti
- Finely grated pecorino, (or vegetarian hard cheese) to serve
- Chopped fresh continental parsley leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Mushroom and lentil bolognaise
- Process onion, carrot, celery and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped (but not a paste). Heat 1u00a01u20442 tbs of the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion mixture and bay leaves. Season. Cook, stirring, for 6u00a0minutes or until soft. Transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, process mushrooms in food processor until finely chopped (but not a paste). Heat remaining oil in pan over high heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 3u00a0minutes or until soft.
- Stir onion mixture and lentils into mushroom. Stir in tomato, stock and pasta sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender. Season.
- While the lentils are cooking, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Top spaghetti with bolognaise and sprinkle with pecorino and parsley.
Nutritions of Mushroom and lentil bolognaisefatContent: 521.976 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 69 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein