Try this tempura eggplant for a vegetarian meal that is deliciously different.
The ingredient of Eggplant tempura with sesame mayonnaise
- 2 medium eggplants
- 115g tempura flour*
- 1 small egg yolk
- Peanut oil, to deep-fry
- 250ml (1 cup) whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions
The instruction how to make Eggplant tempura with sesame mayonnaise
- Cut eggplants into 1/2cm slices, sprinkle with salt and place in a colander. Set aside for 30 minutes to degorge.
- Meanwhile, to make the sesame mayonnaise, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse eggplant and thoroughly dry with paper towel. Combine flour, egg yolk and 135ml water in a bowl (do not over mix, lumps are fine). Season with salt. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over high heat. Dip eggplant in batter then add to hot oil in batches. Fry for 1-2 minutes until light golden.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with mayonnaise.
Nutritions of Eggplant tempura with sesame mayonnaisefatContent: