Reduce the chilli in this recipe for a kid-friendly vegetarian meal.
The ingredient of Cauliflower and pine nut spaghetti
- 1 small (about 1kg) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 fresh long red chilli, finely chopped
- 375g spaghetti
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan, shaved (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Coles Bakery Sourdough White Vienna bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Cauliflower and pine nut spaghetti
- Cook cauliflower, covered, in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water, for 10 mins or until tender.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and capsicum, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Add the cauliflower and garlic. Cook, breaking up the cauliflower with a wooden spoon, for 5-7 mins or until light golden. Add pine nuts and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Add the pasta, parsley and reserved liquid to the cauliflower mixture. Toss to combine and sprinkle with parmesan. Divide among serving bowls. Serve with the lemon wedges and sourdough.
Nutritions of Cauliflower and pine nut spaghettifatContent: 444.54 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein