Youll be bowled over by this vegetarian meal.
The ingredient of Bruschetta bowl
- 150g ciabatta
- 4 roma tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 400g tomato medley mix, halved
- 250g haloumi, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Sicilian olives, pitted, halved
The instruction how to make Bruschetta bowl
- Using a food processor, pulse ciabatta until roughly chopped.
- Place tomato, haloumi, vinegar, sugar, 1/2 the garlic and 1/2 the oil in a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook tomato mixture, in 2 batches, turning, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tomato just starts to soften and haloumi is browned. Transfer to a bowl. Add the lentils. Gently toss to combine.
- Finely chop 1 tablespoon of the basil leaves. Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add ciabatta, chopped basil, marjoram and remaining garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until ciabatta is golden and crisp. Remove from heat.
- Roughly chop remaining basil. Add to tomato mixture with olives. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Spoon mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle with bread mixture and extra basil leaves. Serve.
Nutritions of Bruschetta bowlfatContent: 583.16 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein
sodiumContent: 17 milligrams cholesterol