A light and tangy dish thats brimming with fresh flavours, this primavera pasta recipe is a great vegetarian meal for weeknights.
The ingredient of Primavera pasta
- 1 lemon
- 350g farfalle pasta
- 1 cup (150g) fresh peas or frozen peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally or 8 zucchini flowers (optional, see tip)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 300ml thickened cream
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Primavera pasta
- Use a zester to remove the rind from the lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from lemon. Use a small, sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips.) Juice the lemon.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water following packet directions until almost al dente. Add the peas, asparagus and snow peas and cook for 1 minute or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the zucchini or zucchini flowers and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the mustard, cream, lemon juice and half the zest. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add the zucchini and pasta mixture and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture evenly among serving bowls. Top with lemon zest and parmesan. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Primavera pastafatContent: 678.999 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 72 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein
sodiumContent: 79 milligrams cholesterol