This asparagus risotto delivers the perfect balance between delicacy and fresh Spring flavours.
The ingredient of Asparagus risotto
- 5 cups (1.25 litres) Massel chicken style or vegetable liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 25g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) arborio rice
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 cup (80g) grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Asparagus risotto
- Bring stock to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low-medium. Cover. Keep at a gentle simmer. Heat oil and half the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, then cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until rice is hot and well coated in onion mixture.
- Add 1 cup hot stock and stir continuously until stock has been absorbed. Add another cup of stock. Stir until stock has been absorbed.
- Add asparagus to pan. Continue to add remaining stock, a cupful at a time, stirring continuously, allowing stock to be absorbed before adding more, until mixture is creamy and rice is just tender (this should take about 20 minutes); add a little extra stock or water if necessary.
- Add lemon rind, juice, remaining butter and parmesan to risotto. Stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Asparagus risottofatContent: 532.731 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein
sodiumContent: 33 milligrams cholesterol