This delicious sweet potato mash makes simple dinners feel special. Serve it on different nights with grilled sausages or pork chops, or with a main vegetarian meal.
The ingredient of Sweet potato mash and green beans
- 700g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 300g green beans, topped
The instruction how to make Sweet potato mash and green beans
- Place sweet potato and orange juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Add the sugar and use a potato masher to mash until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in a steamer over a saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Divide mash and beans among serving plates.
Nutritions of Sweet potato mash and green beansfatContent: 193.59 calories
saturatedFatContent: 0.5 grams fat
sugarContent: 42 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 5.5 grams protein