With a few pre-made ingredients, this vegetarian meal is served up in only 30 minutes.
The ingredient of Lebanese bowl
- 2 large eggplants, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 400g can no-sodium-added chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 150g baby spinach
- 320g falafels, warmed
- 1/2 cup hummus
The instruction how to make Lebanese bowl
- Preheat grill. Line a large baking tray with foil. Arrange eggplant in a single layer. Lightly spray with olive oil and season. Cook, in batches, under grill for 3-4 minutes. Flip over eggplant and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook cumin seeds for 1 minutes or until fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl with carrot and 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and oil. Season and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining oil in same frying pan over medium heat. Cook garlic and chilli for 1 minute or until golden. Add chickpeas and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until hot. Stir through spinach until wilted. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice and season.
- Divide eggplant, carrot salad and spinach mixture between 4 bowls. Top with falafels and a dollop of hummus.
Nutritions of Lebanese bowlfatContent: 394.589 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58.2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12.7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16.4 grams protein