Delicious, filling dinners neednt cost you a small fortune. This vegetarian meal is just $2.90 per serve!
The ingredient of Eggplant parmigiana burgers
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- 4 x 2cm-thick slices ciabatta, toasted
- 40g baby rocket
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
The instruction how to make Eggplant parmigiana burgers
- Place flour on a large plate. Whisk egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Place polenta in a bowl. Toss eggplant in flour to coat, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then toss in polenta to coat. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook eggplant, in 2 batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Preheat grill on high. Combine passata, basil and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place eggplant on a baking tray. Top with passata mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until passata mixture is heated and mozzarella is golden and bubbling.
- Top toasted ciabatta with rocket. Drizzle with vinegar. Top each with 2 eggplant parmigianas. Serve.
Nutritions of Eggplant parmigiana burgersfatContent: 488.277 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 68 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 58 milligrams cholesterol