Curried lentil patties with minted yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon is a hearty healthy vegetarian meal that the whole family can enjoy.
The ingredient of Curried lentil patties with minted yoghurt
- 400g orange sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 250g Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Curried lentil patties with minted yoghurt
- Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Return to pan. Mash until smooth. Add lentils. Roughly mash.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add curry powder and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Remove from pan. Add onion mixture and zucchini to potato mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Using wet hands, shape mixture into eight 2cm-thick patties. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Coat patties in breadcrumbs. Transfer to a plate. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and heated through.
- Combine yoghurt and mint in a bowl. Serve patties with minted yoghurt, salad leaves and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Curried lentil patties with minted yoghurtfatContent: 401.998 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 17 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein
sodiumContent: 9 milligrams cholesterol