A tasty vegetarian meal, prepared in a flash using healthy ingredients such as tofu, Asian greens and chilli.
The ingredient of Seared chilli tofu with Asian greens
- 1 x 350g pkt firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh red chilli
- 1 bunch gai larn, trimmed, washed, dried
- 1 bunch choy sum, trimmed, washed, dried
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
The instruction how to make Seared chilli tofu with Asian greens
- Cut the tofu crossways into quarters. Pat dry both sides of tofu squares with paper towel. Combine the soy sauce, canola oil, garlic and chilli in a small bowl. Place the tofu in a shallow glass or ceramic dish and drizzle with soy sauce mixture. Turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Cut the stems from the leaves of the gai larn and choy sum. Place the stock and water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Add the gai larn and choy sum stems, cover, and return to the boil. Cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer stems to a large bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm. Add the gai larn and choy sum leaves to the pan and cook, covered, for 1 minute or until wilted. Transfer to the bowl with the stems and toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, drain the tofu and discard the marinade. Heat the sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and kecap manis and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until tofu is golden brown. Remove from heat. Cut tofu squares in half diagonally.
- Divide Asian greens among plates. Top with tofu and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Seared chilli tofu with Asian greensfatContent: 255.73 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 15 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein