A quick, easy and irresistibly creamy pasta dish thats healthier too - what could be better for a weeknight dinner?
The ingredient of Quick healthy and creamy ham pasta
- 280g dried casarecce pasta
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 green shallots, trimmed, sliced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) white wine
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 100g (1/2 cup) light cream cheese, chopped
- 125g shaved 97% fat-free smoked ham, torn or shredded
The instruction how to make Quick healthy and creamy ham pasta
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente, adding the peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve 125ml (1/2 cup) of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and half the shallot and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the wine and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until reduced. Tear half the basil leaves.
- Combine the cream cheese and reserved pasta water in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined. Season well with pepper. Add to the frying pan and immediately remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta mixture. Return to the pan. Add the cream cheese mixture, ham and torn basil. Use tongs to toss well to combine. Sprinkle with the remaining shallot and basil.
Nutritions of Quick healthy and creamy ham pastafatContent: 401.998 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 52.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 19.2 grams protein