This main-course salad is a good source of folate and fibre - a great vegetarian meal thats ready in no time.
The ingredient of Chargrilled asparagus and parmesan salad with poached eggs and crisp sage
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 bunch sage, leaves picked
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil spray
- 4 bunches thin asparagus (about 500g), woody ends trimmed
- Splash of white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 2 Turkish rolls, split, cut into wedges, toasted or chargrilled
- 100g rocket leaves
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan
The instruction how to make Chargrilled asparagus and parmesan salad with poached eggs and crisp sage
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Fry the sage for 1 minute or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour the oil into a bowl, stir in the balsamic vinegar, season and set aside.
- Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Lightly spray asparagus with oil and lightly season. In batches, chargrill for 3 minutes, turning once, until charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, bring 3cm water to a simmer in a deep frypan, then add a splash of white wine vinegar. Break an egg into a cup, then slide the egg into the water. Repeat with remaining eggs, then poach for 4 minutes for a soft yolk, or to your liking. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Divide the bread among plates and top with asparagus, rocket, poached eggs, parmesan and sage. Pour over dressing and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chargrilled asparagus and parmesan salad with poached eggs and crisp sagefatContent: 293.97 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein
sodiumContent: 220 milligrams cholesterol