Whip up a quick and easy hearty winter meal with this tasty sausage casserole.
The ingredient of Sausage casserole
- 8 thick beef sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 415g cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Massel beef stock
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups mashed potato, to serve
The instruction how to make Sausage casserole
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausages for 8 minutes or until golden. Thickly slice.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, stock and sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add thyme and sausage. Cook for 10 minutes or until sausage is heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with mashed potato and extra thyme.
Nutritions of Sausage casserolefatContent: 725.843 calories
saturatedFatContent: 44.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 48.4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 116 milligrams cholesterol