Looking for a simple summer meal? This fast, fresh stir fry recipe will keep you in holiday mood even after the new year swings back into action.
The ingredient of Tofu, eggplant & tomato stir fry
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 300g firm tofu, drained, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 eggplants, quartered lengthwise, cut into 1.5cm-thick wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 400g tomato medley mix (see note)
- 55g (1/4 cup firmly packed) brown sugar
- 45g (1/3 cup) slivered almonds, roasted
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 80ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) malt vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Thai basil leaves
- Steamed white rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Tofu, eggplant & tomato stir fry
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large wok or deep frying pan over high heat. Cook tofu, in 2 batches, turning, for 1 minute or until light golden. Drain on paper towel. Wipe wok clean with paper towel.
- Return wok to high heat and heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add eggplants and cook, tossing, for 5 minutes or until eggplants start to soften. Add remaining 60ml 1/4 cup) oil, garlic, ginger, chilli and two-thirds of the onions and cook, tossing, for a further 3 minutes or until eggplants are almost tender. Add tomatoes and cook, tossing, for a further minute or until skins blister. Add sugar, almonds and two-thirds of chillies, and cook, tossing, for 30 seconds. Add soy sauce, vinegar and two-thirds of the basil and cook, tossing, for a further 30 seconds.
- Divide stir-fry among bowls. Sprinkle with remaining onions, chillies and basil, and serve with steamed rice.
Nutritions of Tofu, eggplant & tomato stir fryfatContent: 540.14 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 21 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein