Pair this nutty salad with pizza, a barbecue lunch or enjoy it as a meal of its own. See notes section for Low FODMAP diet tip.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and spinach salad
- 600g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Capilano Light & Smooth Honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Capilano Light & Smooth Honey, extra
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 x 150g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 1 x 75g pkt toasted pine nuts
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and spinach salad
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the pumpkin in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss until the pumpkin is well coated. Place in a single layer on the lined tray. Bake, turning once during cooking, for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with the sesame seeds. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the seeds are lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Combine the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, mustard and extra honey in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pumpkin, spinach and pine nuts in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and gently toss until just combined. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and spinach saladfatContent: 211.515 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4.5 grams protein