We love the combination of aromatic spices with fresh, crunchy vegies – the beans are amazing, with just a hint of chilli.
The ingredient of Black bean Buddha bowl with creamy cashew dressing
- 200g (1 cup) tri-coloured quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 580ml (2 1/3 cups) water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 zucchini, trimmed, cut into thin noodles
- 2 corncobs, cooked, kernels removed
- Thinly sliced long fresh red chilli, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 50g raw cashews, soaked in cold water for 3 hours
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
The instruction how to make Black bean Buddha bowl with creamy cashew dressing
- Place the quinoa, 2 cups of the water and 1 tsp of the cumin in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, paprika and remaining cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the black beans and remaining water. Simmer for 5 minutes or until water has almost evaporated. Coarsely mash the beans with a fork.
- For the dressing, drain the cashews. Process the cashews, lemon juice, oil and coriander in a small food processor or blender until combined. Gradually add water until thick and creamy.
- Divide the quinoa, bean mixture, zucchini and corn among bowls. Drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with the chilli and coriander.
Nutritions of Black bean Buddha bowl with creamy cashew dressingfatContent: