A creamy cheesy pasta bake with no dairy! Even the carnivores will be asking for seconds of this vegan dinner.
The ingredient of Vegan butter bean cannelloni
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only thinly sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, halved, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 400g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 60g baby spinach, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups grated dairy-free pizza shred cheese
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 12 Barilla dried cannelloni tubes (see notes)
- 200g tomato medley, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast (see notes)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup Massel vegetable liquid stock
The instruction how to make Vegan butter bean cannelloni
- Make Cashew Cream: Cover cashews with boiling water. Stand 1 hour. Drain. Process cashews, yeast and milk in a food processor until smooth. Season. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture. Add stock to processor. Process to combine.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook leek, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add mushroom. Cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and 3 teaspoons thyme. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add beans and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in rind, reserved cashew cream and half the cheese. Cool 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 16.5cm x 22cm (base) baking dish.
- Spread passata over base of dish. Using a teaspoon, fill cannelloni with bean mixture. Place cannelloni, in a single layer, in dish. Top with remaining cashew cream. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and remaining thyme. Cover with foil. Bake for 35 minutes or until tender. Uncover. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden. Top with tomato and extra spinach. Serve.
Nutritions of Vegan butter bean cannellonifatContent: 696.924 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 105 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 32.1 grams protein