Dukkah adds spicy flavour to this chicken dinner, while apple and iceberg salad bring freshness to the plate.
The ingredient of Dukkah-crusted chicken, crunchy apple and iceberg salad
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 4 (150g each) chicken breast fillets
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 500g baby potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 iceberg lettuce, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 red apple, cored, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Dukkah-crusted chicken, crunchy apple and iceberg salad
- Preheat oven to 230C/210C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place cashews in a small food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add cumin, coriander, sesame seeds and sea salt. Mix well to combine (see note).
- Place flour on a large plate. Season with salt and pepper. Combine 1/2 the yoghurt and 2 tablespoons water in a bowl. Working with 1 piece at a time, toss chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in yoghurt mixture, allowing excess to drain. Transfer to prepared tray. Sprinkle with nut mixture, pressing to secure. Spray liberally with oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook potato in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender, adding peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Combine remaining yoghurt, lemon juice and chives in a small jug to make a dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Slice chicken. Place potato, peas, chicken, lettuce, mint, apple and onion on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing. Serve.
Nutritions of Dukkah-crusted chicken, crunchy apple and iceberg saladfatContent: 681.628 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 51.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 97 milligrams cholesterol