Serve Curtis Stones peach and cherry pies with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
The ingredient of Curtis Stone’s peach and cherry mini pies
- 3 cups (450g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 340g very cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) iced water, or more if needed
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 kg (about 5) ripe but firm peaches, pitted, cut into 1cm wedges
- 320g (about 2 cups) fresh cherries, halved, pitted
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
The instruction how to make Curtis Stone’s peach and cherry mini pies
- To make the crust, process the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. Add butter and pulse just until butter is cut into pea-size pieces. Drizzle 1u20442 cup (125ml) iced water over dough and pulse just until dough pulls away from sides of bowl (mixture will still look crumbly). Add more iced water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to moisten, if necessary.
- Transfer the dough to a clean work surface and press together. Divide into 8 equal pieces. Flatten each piece into a 10cm disc and wrap each disc separately in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Position a rack on the lowest shelf of oven and preheat oven to 190C (170C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper or foil.
- To make the filling, stir caster sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl to blend. Fold in peaches and cherries. Set aside, tossing fruit occasionally, while rolling out crusts.
- Roll out each dough disc on a lightly floured work surface until 17cm in diameter. Line eight 9cm (base measurement) mini pie pans with dough (see notes).
- Divide fruit filling among prepared pans. Fold edge of dough over to partially enclose filling, softly pleating. Cover and chill for 30 mins or until dough is cold and firm.
- Brush the pie crusts with cream and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake for 1 hour or until crusts are golden brown and filling is bubbling. If crusts begin to brown before filling bubbles, cover pies loosely with foil. Cool slightly.
- Using a small offset spatula or butter knife, loosen crusts from pans and carefully remove pies. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Curtis Stone’s peach and cherry mini piesfatContent: