Cucumber refreshes the palate between bites of succulent scampi, prawns and ricotta cheese.
The ingredient of Chilled cucumber soup with scampi
- 11 (1.5kg) Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large eschalot, finely chopped
- 240g can butter beans, drained, rinsed well
- 250ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 18 raw scampi or large green prawns, peeled, cleaned
- 120g fresh whole-milk ricotta
- 6 large cooked prawns, peeled, cleaned, halved lengthwise
- Lemon-pressed extra virgin olive oil, to serve
The instruction how to make Chilled cucumber soup with scampi
- Reserve 1 halved cucumber, scatter cut sides of remainder with 1 teaspoon sea salt and place, cut-side down, over a tray covered with 3 layers of paper towel. Stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook eschalot for 3 minutes, add butter beans and cook for 2 minutes. Cool.
- Do not rinse cucumbers. Coarsely chop cucumbers, then process in a food processor with bean mixture and buttermilk until very smooth. Adjust seasoning, if needed, with a little more sea salt, then transfer to a jug and refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, cut reserved cucumber half into long, thin strips and toss with lemon juice. Heat remaining olive oil in a frying pan over mediumu00e2u20acu201chigh heat, add scampi and cook for 1 minute or until just opaque.
- Place 1 tablespoon ricotta in the base of each soup bowl, top with 3 scampi and 2 prawn halves and ladle soup around the ricotta. Top with cucumber strips, drizzle with lemon oil and grind over a little fresh black pepper.
Nutritions of Chilled cucumber soup with scampifatContent: 233.264 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein
sodiumContent: 126 milligrams cholesterol