This popular curry is a spicy blend of chicken, cashews and shredded coconut.
The ingredient of Chicken korma
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1kg chicken breast fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/4 cup canned tomato puree
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 green chilli, sliced diagonally
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- Diced tomato, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken korma
- Place coconut, cashews, 2 tablespoons cold water and yoghurt in the bowl of a small food processor. Process until finely chopped and slightly smooth, adding extra water if needed. Transfer to a glass or ceramic bowl. Add chicken, pureu0301e, ginger, coriander and chilli powder. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight, if time permits.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until softened. Add sliced chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add chicken mixture. Cook, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken has just changed in colour.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon and 1/3 cup cold water. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened. Stir in cream. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Discard cardamom pods. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with diced tomato and coriander leaves. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken kormafatContent: 354.915 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 40.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 121 milligrams cholesterol