"Brush the cut-out stars with a little of the beaten egg yolk, sprinkle with sugar and bake – they make great festive biscuits.” - Michelle Southan.
The ingredient of Christmas raspberry tarts
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 45g (1/4 cup) icing sugar mixture, plus extra to dust
- 150g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg yolk, plus 1 egg, extra
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 120g punnet raspberries, lightly crushed
- 90g (1/4 cup) raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
The instruction how to make Christmas raspberry tarts
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Process the flour, icing sugar and butter in the bowl of a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and 2 tbs of the water and process until dough just comes together. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until just smooth. Set aside.
- Stir the crushed raspberries, jam and cornflour in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens.
- Roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Use a 6.5cm round pastry cutter to cut 20 discs from the pastry. Line twenty 30ml (1 1u20442 tbs) patty pans with pastry discs. Use a fork to prick the bases. Whisk together extra egg and remaining water.
- Roll out remaining pastry until 3mm thick. Use a 5.5cm round cutter to cut out 20 discs. Use a 3.5cm star cutter to cut out a star from each disc. Divide jam mixture among pastry cases. Brush edges of pastry with egg mixture. Top with discs (the star cutouts can be baked on a separate tray). Brush tops with egg mixture. Sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Arrange 15 tarts to form a Christmas tree. Dust with extra icing sugar.
Nutritions of Christmas raspberry tartsfatContent: