Crumbly, nutty ice-cream adds extra crunch to this buttery fig tart. A perfect dessert if youre looking to wow!
The ingredient of Fig tart with almond crumble ice-cream
- 45g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 45g raw caster sugar
- 45g oven-roasted almond meal
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 8 fresh figs, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fig jam, warmed
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon raw caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 orange, rind finely grated
- 140g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons iced water
- 50g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 60g butter, chilled, chopped
- 50g (1/2 cup) flaked almonds
- 2L carton vanilla ice-cream, softened slightly
The instruction how to make Fig tart with almond crumble ice-cream
- For the crumble ice-cream, preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine oats, flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Add butter. Use fingertips to rub until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in almonds. Spread over prepared tray. Bake, stirring twice, for 15u00a0minutes or until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool completely. Reserve 1u20444 cup crumble. Transfer ice-cream to a large bowl. Fold remaining crumble mixture into ice-cream. Return to carton. Place in the freezer for 6 hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile, for the pastry, process flour, sugar, salt and rind in a food processor until combined. Add butter. Pulse until just combined. Add water. Process until dough just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Use electric beaters to beat butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the almond meal. Beat in 1 1/2 tablespoons of the egg until just combined.
- Turn pastry onto a piece of baking paper. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out to a 28cm disc. Transfer pastry on paper to a baking tray. Spread with almond mixture, leaving a 3-4cm border. Arrange figs over mixture. Fold pastry over to form a pleated rim. Brush rim with remaining egg. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan forced. Bake tart for 50-55 minutes or until golden. Brush with jam. Stand for 15 minutes. Serve with ice-cream. Top with reserved crumble.
Nutritions of Fig tart with almond crumble ice-creamfatContent: