Pears come into season just as the weather gets cooler, so what better way to enjoy them than in this baked dessert.
The ingredient of Sticky pear mousseline
- Light olive oil, to grease
- 3 medium or 4 small (about 730g) pears, peeled, thinly sliced
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) dessert wine
- 60g (1/4 cup) raw sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 strips lemon rind, white pith removed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 300ml ctn pouring cream
- 3 eggs
- Thickened cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Sticky pear mousseline
- Brush six 185ml (3/4-cup capacity) ramekins with oil. Place the pear, wine, raw sugar, cloves, lemon rind and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pear is tender. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir the caster sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, without stirring, for 10-15 minutes or until dark golden. Set aside until the bubbles subside. Divide among the prepared ramekins. Swirl to coat the base and two-thirds of the side with toffee. Place the ramekins in a deep baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 160u00baC. Reserve 200g of the pear in a bowl. Discard spices and lemon rind from remaining pear mixture and process in a food processor until smooth. Whisk the pouring cream and eggs in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the pear puree. Divide among the moulds. Pour enough boiling water into the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until just set. Set aside in the dish for 15 minutes to stand. Transfer to a baking tray and set aside to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge overnight to chill.
- Run a knife around each mould. Turn onto serving plates. Serve with thickened cream and reserved pear.
Nutritions of Sticky pear mousselinefatContent: 476.805 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 57 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 56 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 160 milligrams cholesterol