This Anzac biscuit-inspired tart has a golden syrup macadamia filling and brown sugar oat pastry.
The ingredient of Oaty golden syrup tart recipe
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 100g butter, chilled, chopped
- 45g (1/4 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 35g (1/3 cup) rolled oats, plus extra 2 teaspoons
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons iced water
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 150g raw macadamias
- 60g (1/3 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 125ml 1/2 cup) golden syrup, plus extra, to serve
- 2 eggs
- 20g 1/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
The instruction how to make Oaty golden syrup tart recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 23cm fluted tart tin with removable base. Process flour, butter and sugar in a food processor until resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add oats, egg yolk and water. Process mixture until just comes together. Knead gently on a lightly floured surface until just smooth. Shape into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes.
- Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll dough on a lightly floured surface until large enough to cover base and side of tin. Trim excess. Line with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights, and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Cool in tin.
- To make filling, reduce oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Roughly chop nuts in a food processor. Add sugar. Process until fine but not forming a paste.
- Use electric beaters to beat butter until pale and creamy. Beat in syrup then eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in nuts, coconut and flour. Spoon into tart shell. Sprinkle with extra oats. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. (Cover with foil if overbrowning.) Set aside to cool slightly. Serve with ice-cream and extra golden syrup.
Nutritions of Oaty golden syrup tart recipefatContent: