The classic combination of strawberries and cream in a baked pastry shell. Bon appetit!
The ingredient of Strawberry and cream tart
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 90g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 500g small strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam, warmed
The instruction how to make Strawberry and cream tart
- Process flour, caster sugar and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg. Process until pastry just comes together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Press into a 10cm (diameter) disc. Wrap in greaseproof paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place a baking tray into oven. Preheat oven and tray to 200u00b0C. Roll out pastry on a floured surface to a 5mm-thick round. Line a 3cm deep, 19cm (base) loose-based tart pan with pastry. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Line pastry case with baking paper. Fill with raw rice. Place onto hot baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are light golden. Remove baking paper and rice. Bake for a further 8 to 10 minutes or until pastry case is light golden. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sour cream, icing sugar and rum until smooth. Spread mixture in cold pastry case. Top with strawberries. Brush with warm jam. Cover. Refrigerate overnight. Serve.
Nutritions of Strawberry and cream tartfatContent: 552.09 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 53 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 30 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein
sodiumContent: 127 milligrams cholesterol