This no cook cheese-free cheesecake is the perfect dairy-free dessert. Start making this recipe 1 day before serving.
The ingredient of Dairy-free vanilla bean cheesecake
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 125g can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup natural almond kernels
- 4 (70g) medjool dates, pitted, halved
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 tablespoon gelatine powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 300g silken tofu
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 15g packet freeze-dried strawberries (see notes)
The instruction how to make Dairy-free vanilla bean cheesecake
- Place 2 cups cashews in a glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with cold water. Cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a cool place overnight to soak.
- Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round (base) springform pan. Line base and side of pan with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan. Drain chickpeas over a bowl, reserving liquid (you will need 2 tablespoons liquid). Do not rinse chickpeas. Place chickpeas, almonds, dates, coconut, vanilla extract and remaining cashews in a food processor. DAIRY-FREE CHEESECAKE Process until finely chopped and mixture comes together. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate.
- Place boiling water in a small bowl. Sprinkle over gelatine powder. Stir to dissolve. Using an electric mixer, beat reserved chickpea liquid for 2 minutes or until mixture is white and foamy and soft peaks form.
- Drain cashews. Rinse well under cold running water. Drain. Place cashews in a food processor. Add almond milk. Process until smooth. Add silken tofu, sugar and vanilla bean paste. Process until smooth and combined. Add gelatine mixture. Process until just combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Fold in chickpea mixture in 2 batches. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
- Reserve 1 large freeze-dried strawberry. Halve remaining strawberries. Transfer cake to a serving plate. Top cake with halved strawberries. Crush reserved strawberry. Sprinkle over cake. Serve.
Nutritions of Dairy-free vanilla bean cheesecakefatContent: