Theyre applauded for their health benefits, but nuts, seeds and grains also add a nutty flavour and crunchy texture. Try this lovely gluten free bread.
The ingredient of Chia, quinoa and buckwheat bread
- 1 1/3 cups raw buckwheat (see notes)
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 1/3 cup white chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups white quinoa
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, extra
The instruction how to make Chia, quinoa and buckwheat bread
- Process buckwheat and Brazil nuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add chia seeds, quinoa, sunflower seeds, almond meal, salt, coconut oil, honey and water. Stir until well combined. Set aside for 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 9cm-deep, 11.5cm x 20cm loaf pan. Line base and sides with 2 layers of baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
- Spoon 1/2 the buckwheat mixture into prepared pan. Press with the back of a spoon to compact. Add remaining mixture, pressing to compact and level. Sprinkle with pepitas and extra sunflower seeds, pressing to secure.
- Bake for 1 hour. Reduce temperature to 160C/140C fan-forced. Cook for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of bread comes out clean (cover bread loosely with foil if over-browning). Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Carefully lift out of pan and transfer to a baking paper-lined wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices (see notes). Serve.
Nutritions of Chia, quinoa and buckwheat breadfatContent: 410.841 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein