Sunday calls for an easy relaxed brekkie, and here it is, starring ham and eggs on toast.
The ingredient of Fried ham and eggs with spicy homemade relish
- 3 fresh basil sprigs, leaves reserved
- 4 roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved
- 1/2 red onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, bruised
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons raw caster sugar
- 500g sliced leg ham
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices sourdough bread, toasted
The instruction how to make Fried ham and eggs with spicy homemade relish
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place basil stems in the base of a large baking dish. Top with tomato, cut-side down. Add the capsicum, chilli, onion and garlic. Drizzle over 11/2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with sugar. Season. Roast for 45-50 minutes or until vegetables are golden and tender. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Peel tomatoes and garlic and discard skins. Discard basil stems.
- Process vegetables and garlic in a food processor until almost smooth.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the ham, turning, for 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium. Crack half the eggs into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes for soft yolks or until cooked to your liking. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Divide the toast among plates. Top with the ham and eggs. Spoon over the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with basil leaves and season with pepper.
Nutritions of Fried ham and eggs with spicy homemade relishfatContent: 352.525 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 26 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein