When did lemon slice get healthier? When we gave it our magic touch with more fibre and no dairy, but still with that delicious citrussy tang. Its too good to share.
The ingredient of Healthier lemon and coconut slice
- 200g (1 1/4 cups) wholemeal spelt flour
- 55g (1/3 cup) sunflower seeds
- 20g (1/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 60g (1/4 cup) raw caster sugar
- 60g (1/3 cup) solidified coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Lemon slices, to serve (optional)
- 15g (1/4 cup) flaked coconut, toasted
- 160ml (2/3 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 110g (1/2 cup) raw caster sugar
- 5 tablespoons custard powder
- 4 eggs
- 800ml light coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
The instruction how to make Healthier lemon and coconut slice
- Preheat the oven 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and sides of a shallow 20 x 30cm slab pan. Line with baking paper, allowing it to extend over the 2 long sides.
- Place the flour, seeds and desiccated coconut in a food processor. Process until almost finely ground. Add the sugar, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract and baking powder. Process, scraping down the side occassionally, until the mixture sticks together. Use the back of a wet spoon to press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Prick the base with a fork. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- For the filling, whisk the lemon juice, sugar and custard powder in a saucepan over low heat until smooth. Whisk in eggs, coconut cream and lemon rind until smooth. Continue whisking over medium-low heat until the mixture just comes to the boil and thickens. Pour the mixture over the base, spreading evenly. Place in the fridge to chill overnight.
- Remove the slice from the pan. Top with lemon slices, if you like. Cut into 20 pieces and scatter with toasted coconut.
Nutritions of Healthier lemon and coconut slicefatContent: 181.64 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4 grams protein