A classic fudge recipe with a twist of ginger and spice. Best of all its low kilojoule so you can have a second piece!
The ingredient of Spiced chocolate & ginger fudge squares
- 150g (1 cup) fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, chopped
- 35g (1/3 cup) raw cacao powder, sifted
- 2 tbs cashew spread
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 125g pkt glace ginger
- 30 dry roasted almonds
The instruction how to make Spiced chocolate & ginger fudge squares
- Grease and line a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan, allowing the sides to overhang. Place the dates in a heatproof bowl. Cover dates with boiling water. Set aside for 30 minutes to soften. Drain well.
- Place the dates, chickpeas, banana, cacao powder, cashew spread, coconut oil, cinnamon and nutmeg in a food processor. Process well, scraping the sides twice, until smooth and well combined. Add the glace ginger. Process the mixture for a further minute or until finely chopped and well combined. Spread into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Press the almonds into the top of the fudge. Cover and place in the freezer for 5 hours or until firm.
- Place the fudge on a clean chopping board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 30 squares. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Nutritions of Spiced chocolate & ginger fudge squaresfatContent: 66.92 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11.2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7.6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 1.6 grams protein