Theres a different fruit in every bite of this moist cake.
The ingredient of Summer fruitcake with lemon mascarpone cream
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 200g raw almonds
- 180g plain flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g raspberries
- 150g blueberries
- 2 small peaches, peeled, sliced
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 200g mascarpone
- 150ml thickened cream
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
The instruction how to make Summer fruitcake with lemon mascarpone cream
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 24cm springform pan and line the base with baking paper.
- For lemon mascarpone cream, beat ingredients in a bowl to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place butter and caster sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Whisk in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Whisk in sour cream.
- Process almonds in a food processor until fine crumbs, then fold into mixture with flour and baking powder.
- Stir in vanilla, then pour half the batter into pan and sprinkle with half the fruit. Repeat layers of batter and fruit.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (cover loosely with foil if it starts to brown) until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then place on a rack and dust with icing sugar. Serve with lemon mascarpone.
Nutritions of Summer fruitcake with lemon mascarpone creamfatContent: 896.728 calories
saturatedFatContent: 67 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 35 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 40 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein