This healthy take on Snickers will keep for days - if it lasts that long! Cacao, dates, peanut butter and chocolate taste like the real thing. Great as a lunchbox treat or dessert.
The ingredient of Healthy chocolate peanut bar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup (50g) raw cacao
- 1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
- 240ml rice malt syrup
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup (95g) good-quality peanut butter with no added oil or sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 11/2 cups (225g) roasted salted peanuts
- 40g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
The instruction how to make Healthy chocolate peanut bar
- Grease and line a 20cm square pan with baking paper. To make date base, melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the dates and stir to warm through. Transfer to a food processor with cacao, desiccated coconut and 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup, and whiz until combined. Spread over base of pan and firmly pack using your hands. Chill until needed.
- To make peanut butter filling, wipe clean food processor, then whiz the chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla and 1/4 cup (60ml) rice malt syrup until thick and smooth. Spread over date base, smoothing surface with a spoon. Chill for 1 hour.
- To make peanut caramel, place peanuts, butter and remaining 2/3 cup (160ml) rice malt syrup in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and combined. Cool slightly, then spread over peanut butter filling, pressing to create an even surface. Freeze for 1 hour to set.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water (donu2019t let the bowl touch the water). Cool slightly, then pour over peanut caramel, tilting pan to completely cover. Chill for 1 hour or until chocolate is set, then slice into bars and serve.
Nutritions of Healthy chocolate peanut barfatContent: