These low cal, gluten free pistachio bars will give you an energy boost to help you through the day.
The ingredient of Fudgy choc-orange pistachio bars
- 500g fresh dates, pitted, halved
- 35g (1/3 cup) raw cacao powder
- 60ml (1/4 cup) coconut oil
- 2 tbs LSA (linseed, sunflower & almond meal)
- 1 1/2 tbs fresh orange juice
- 3 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 75g (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- 80g pkt pistachios, toasted, chopped
- Raw cacao powder, extra, to dust
The instruction how to make Fudgy choc-orange pistachio bars
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 11 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan, allowing sides to overhang. Place the dates, cacao powder, coconut oil, LSA, orange juice and orange rind in a food processor and process until smooth and well combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the cranberries and pistachio.
- Dust a little extra cacao powder over base of prepared pan. Spoon in date mixture and use a greased spatula to smooth the surface. Place in fridge for 8 hours or overnight until firm. Remove from pan. Use a hot, dry knife to cut into squares (mixture will be sticky). Dust with cacao powder.
Nutritions of Fudgy choc-orange pistachio barsfatContent: 162.759 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25.7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 21.8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 2.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 1 milligrams cholesterol