A touch sweet with bursts of salty chorizo, the flavours in this savoury muffin are bang on.
The ingredient of Chorizo, corn and chilli streusel muffins
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 50g (1/4 cup) polenta
- 65g butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 185ml (3/4 cup) buttermilk
- 100g mozzarella, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 sweet corncob, kernels removed
- 3 spring onions (shallots), finely chopped
- 1 chorizo, finely chopped
- 1-2 small fresh red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh curly parsley
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 30g mozzarella, extra, coarsely grated
- Tomato, red onion & coriander salsa, to serve
The instruction how to make Chorizo, corn and chilli streusel muffins
- Preheat oven to 180C. Spray six 250ml (1-cup) muffin pans with oil.
- Combine the flour and polenta in a bowl. Use your fingers to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Reserve 1/4 cup of mixture. Make a well in remaining mixture. Add eggs and buttermilk. Stir until just combined.
- Stir in mozzarella pieces, corn kernels and spring onion. Spoon among the prepared pans, piling in the centres to create a gap around the edges.
- Combine reserved flour mixture, chorizo, chilli, parsley, sugar and extra mozzarella in a bowl. Sprinkle over the muffins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Serve with the salsa.
Nutritions of Chorizo, corn and chilli streusel muffinsfatContent: 399.13 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein