Soya beans have an intense meaty flavour which make them the ideal filling for these gourmet vegetarian burgers.
The ingredient of Vegetable burgers
- 2 x 420g cans soya beans, rinsed, well-drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 slices Burgen soy and linseed bread, toasted
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 2 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise (97% fat-free)
The instruction how to make Vegetable burgers
- Place beans, garlic, onions, parsley and lemon juice into a food processor. Process until almost smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Stir through couscous. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into 6 patties. Place onto a plate. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 3 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place 1 piece of toast onto each serving plate. Top with spinach, patties, tomatoes and cucumber. Drizzle each burger with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining toast slices. Serve.
Nutritions of Vegetable burgersfatContent: 380.727 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 21.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 1 milligrams cholesterol