Find a new way to enjoy your vegies with these grated beetroot and cauliflower fritters.
The ingredient of Beetroot and cauliflower fritters topped with smoked salmon
- 250g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 75g white self-raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons skim milk
- 200g raw beetroot raw, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 120g reduced-fat ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 200g smoked salmon
- 1/3 cup fresh dill
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges to serve
The instruction how to make Beetroot and cauliflower fritters topped with smoked salmon
- Process cauliflower in a food processor, using pulse button, until coarse grains form (a bit bigger than rice grains). Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and cool, then squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Place flour in a mixing bowl and make a well in centre. Whisk eggs and milk and add to flour. Mix gently to combine. Add cauliflower, beetroot and chives. Season well with salt and pepper and fold together until combined.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Using 2 tablespoons of mixture per fritter, drop mixture, 4 fritters at a time, into pan. Spread out to 9cm diameter. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Repeat in 2 more batches.
- To serve, pile 3 fritters onto each serving plate. Top with ricotta, smoked salmon and herbs. Sprinkle with capers, season with freshly ground black pepper and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Beetroot and cauliflower fritters topped with smoked salmonfatContent: