A delightful vegan sweet treat that is lower in calories. This recipe does take a little time, but the reward is worth it.
The ingredient of Vegan peppermint slice
- 1 tablespoon white quinoa
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 90g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 100g fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 290g (2 cups) cashews
- 140ml can coconut milk
- 100g (1/4 cup) rice malt syrup
- 20g (1/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 50g (1/2 cup) raw cacao powder, sifted
- 185g (1/2 cup) rice malt syrup
- 110g (1/2 cup) coconut oil
The instruction how to make Vegan peppermint slice
- For the peppermint filling, place the cashews in a glass or ceramic bowl and cover with cold water. Stand for 4 hours. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Grease the base and sides of a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slice pan and line with baking paper. Toss quinoa and 1 tsp melted coconut oil together in a bowl. Spread the oats and quinoa mixture over prepared tray. Bake, stirring halfway, for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. Process the oat mixture and cacao in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add dates and remaining coconut oil. Process until well combined and a sticky mixture forms. Press into prepared pan. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- Process cashews in the food processor until smooth. Add 2 tbs thick coconut milk from the top of the can (reserve remainder for another use). Add syrup, desiccated coconut, coconut oil and extract. Process well, scraping the sides, until well combined. Spread over oat base and use a spatula to smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm.
- For the chocolate topping, place ingredients in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (donu2019t let the bowl touch the water). Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes together.
- Pour topping over filling. Smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight to set. Cut slice into 24 squares.
Nutritions of Vegan peppermint slicefatContent: 221.792 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 21.3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3.6 grams protein