A shining star to complete a magical feast - red velvet cake. This spectacular dessert is multi-layered and will serve 16.
The ingredient of Rich red velvet cake
- 525g (3 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 375g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 430g (2 cups) raw caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 250g sour cream
- 185ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 5 teaspoons red food colouring
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Ferrero Raffaellos, to decorate
- White chocolate curls, to decorate
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Edible gold star lollies, to decorate
- 500g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 750g icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 300g white chocolate, melted, cooled
The instruction how to make Rich red velvet cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and sides of two 22cm (base measurement) round cake pans and line with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, bicarb and salt into a bowl. Use electric beaters to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture, sour cream and milk, in alternating batches, until well combined. Add the food colouring and vinegar and beat on low until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly among prepared pans. Smooth the surface. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the buttercream, use electric beaters to beat the butter in a bowl until pale. Gradually add the icing sugar and milk, in alternating batches, beating well between each addition. Add the white chocolate and beat until smooth and combined.
- Use a large serrated knife to cut each cake in half horizontally. Place 1 cake base on a plate. Spread with 1 1/2 cups of the buttercream. Repeat layering with the remaining cake and buttercream. Spread the remaining buttercream over the top and side of the cake. Top with Raffaellos and decorate with white chocolate curls. Dust with icing sugar and scatter with gold stars.
Nutritions of Rich red velvet cakefatContent: