Sweet apples and aromatic spices boost the juice in this yummy roast pork dish.
The ingredient of Roast pork with spiced apple gravy
- 2.5kg boned rolled loin of pork
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 12 small (about 100g each) red apples
- 20g butter
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) apple juice
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Roast pork with spiced apple gravy
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Use a knife to score pork rind, crossways, to the fat layer, at 2cm intervals. Place the pork, rind-side up, in a roasting pan. Brush with oil. Rub salt into cuts in rind. Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until rind crackles. Reduce temperature to 180u00b0C. Place apples around pork. Roast for a further 1 1/4 hours. Transfer pork and apples to a serving platter. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Strain pan juices into a heatproof jug. Melt butter in roasting pan over medium heat until foaming. Add flour, cinnamon and Chinese five spice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Gradually add pan juices, stock, apple juice and wine and cook, scraping pan with a flat-edged wooden spoon to dislodge any bits on base, for 5-6 minutes or until gravy boils. Season with salt and pepper. Strain into a heatproof jug.
- Carve pork across the grain into thin slices. Serve with apples and gravy.
Nutritions of Roast pork with spiced apple gravyfatContent: 429.244 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 44 grams protein