Thread, cook, then devour these succulent citrus-infused pork kebabs.
The ingredient of Brazilian pork skewers with lime & garlic
- Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g pork loin steaks, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 red onions, halved, cut into wedges
- Olive oil spray
The instruction how to make Brazilian pork skewers with lime & garlic
- Place the garlic and salt in a mortar and pound with a pestle until a smooth paste forms. Add coriander, lime juice, lime rind and 1 tablespoon of the oil and stir to combine. Transfer to a glass or ceramic dish. Add the pork and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place the beans, tomato, shallot, parsley, vinegar and remaining oil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thread the pork and onion onto skewers. Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Spray the skewers with oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until lightly charred and cooked to your liking. Serve with the tomato salad.
Nutritions of Brazilian pork skewers with lime & garlicfatContent: 369.255 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein