A tropical taste sensation - pork, thai red curry, pineapple and coconut milk - will brighten and inspire your midweek meal.
The ingredient of Pork and pineapple Thai red curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g pork fillet, thickly sliced (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar, grated
- 1/4 small fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup fried shallots
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork and pineapple Thai red curry
- Heat a large wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until softened. Add pork. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned. Add curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until sauce thickens and pork is cooked through. Add fish sauce, palm sugar and pineapple. Simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in lime juice.
- Spoon curry into serving bowls. Top with coriander and shallots. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Pork and pineapple Thai red curryfatContent: 602.519 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 63.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 36.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 89 milligrams cholesterol