Crisp raw swede has a subtle, slightly earthy sweetness - perfect for the winter slaw which accompanies these sticky pork cutlets.
The ingredient of Sticky marmalade pork with winter slaw
- 85g (1/4 cup) English breakfast marmalade
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh orange juice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 (about 250g) swede, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 500g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 4 pork cutlets, French-trimmed
- 2 small radicchio, quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
The instruction how to make Sticky marmalade pork with winter slaw
- Combine the marmalade, orange juice, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 teaspoons mustard, garlic and caraway seeds in au00a0jug. Place the swede, cabbage, onion and parsley in a largeu00a0bowl.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray cutlets with oil and season. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes oru00a0until browned. Add marmalade mixture and radicchio. Cook, turning pork and radicchio once, for 4u00a0minutes or until the liquid is syrupy and cutlets are cooked through. Transferu00a0porku00a0and radicchio to a plate. Pour sauce into au00a0jug. Keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in the pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until hot. Remove from heat. Add honey and remaining vinegar and mustard (careful, the mixture will spit). Season. Return to heat. Stir for 30 seconds oru00a0until hot. Pour over the slaw and radicchio and toss gently.
- Divide the cutlets, radicchio and slaw among plates. Drizzle with the marmalade sauce.
Nutritions of Sticky marmalade pork with winter slawfatContent: 389.809 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein