With soft, juicy eggplant and sticky pork, this chilli stir-fry is an explosion of flavours and textures.
The ingredient of Sticky pork and eggplant stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 500g pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 4 (350g) baby eggplant, halved, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup Chinese rice wine or dry apera (sherry)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ABC kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Thinly sliced green onion, to serve
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
The instruction how to make Sticky pork and eggplant stir-fry
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry pork, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry eggplant for 4 to 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add wine and sugar. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until wine has evaporated.
- Return pork to wok. Add kecap manis, soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until pork is heated through. Top with onion and chilli. Serve.
Nutritions of Sticky pork and eggplant stir-fryfatContent: 273.655 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein
sodiumContent: 119 milligrams cholesterol