Pasta bake gets a modern makeover with the addition of pork mince, lemon and fresh ricotta. Itll be a new family fave in no time!
The ingredient of Pork, lemon and ricotta pasta bake
- 350g dried rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 500g pork mince
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus wedges to serve
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork, lemon and ricotta pasta bake
- Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Heat oil in a large deep ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with the back of a wooden spoon, for 6 minutes or until browned. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add wine. Cook for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add tomato paste and stock cube. Stir to combine.
- Stir in pasta cooking liquid. Bring to a simmer. Add pasta, tossing to combine. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine ricotta, lemon juice and half of the parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Dollop ricotta mixture over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes or until ricotta is golden. Sprinkle pasta with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Pork, lemon and ricotta pasta bakefatContent: