Served with a crunchy lettuce slaw, these tasty Korean pork rissoles are sure to become a family favourite.
The ingredient of Korean pork rissoles with lettuce slaw
- 1 small brown onion, finely grated
- 700g pork mince
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 baby cos lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Korean pork rissoles with lettuce slaw
- Place brown onion, mince, breadcrumbs, 3/4 of the sesame seeds and 1/2 the sesame oil in a bowl. Using clean hands, mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 12 balls. Flatten slightly. Place rissoles on a plate. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Meanwhile, cook rice following packet directions. Combine honey and soy sauce in a small bowl. Combine the mayonnaise and chilli sauce in a separate small bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil and remaining sesame oil in a large frying pan over mediumhigh heat. Cook rissoles, in 2 batches, for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Return rissoles to pan. Remove pan from heat. Add soy mixture. Return to heat. Cook, turning, for 1 minute or until rissoles are coated in sauce.
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce, carrot, red onion and rice in a bowl. Divide lettuce mixture among serving plates. Top with rissoles and any sauce in pan. Serve with mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
Nutritions of Korean pork rissoles with lettuce slawfatContent: 855.62 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 73.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 101 milligrams cholesterol