Create a new family favourite with these juicy pork cutlets wrapped in crispy maple bacon and served with golden roast potatoes.
The ingredient of Pork saltimbocca with potato gratin and asparagus
- 1 kg washed potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 5mm slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices Coles Brand maple bacon
- 4 (800g) Coles Australian pork forequarter cutlets
- 12 sage leaves
- 60g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup sage leaves, extra
- 2 bunches asparagus, steamed, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork saltimbocca with potato gratin and asparagus
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cook potatoes in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 mins or until just tender. Drain.
- Arrange potatoes in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt. Roast for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a piece of bacon on a clean work surface. Place a pork cutlet in the centre. Top with 3 sage leaves. Wrap bacon around the pork cutlet. Repeat with remaining bacon, sage leaves and pork cutlets. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add pork cutlets and cook for 2 mins each side or until browned.
- Place pork on top of potatoes. Roast for a further 10 mins or until pork is cooked through and potatoes are golden. Set aside to rest while you make the sauce.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2 mins or until it begins to foam. Add extra sage leaves. Cook for 3-5 mins or until the butter turns a golden brown colour and the sage leaves are crisp. Divide pork cutlets, potatoes, and asparagus among serving plates and drizzle with sage and burnt butter sauce.
Nutritions of Pork saltimbocca with potato gratin and asparagusfatContent: