This home-made chipotle sauce will give your sliders extra zing.
The ingredient of Beef & pork sliders with chipotle ketchup
- 6 slices prosciutto
- Sunflower oil, to fry
- 24 quail eggs (see note)
- Handful fresh lettuce leaves, roughly torn
- 24 mini burger buns (see note), split, toasted
- 1/2 cup (90g) cornichons (see note), finely chopped
- 500g lean pork mince
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 3 canned chipotle chillies in adobe sauce (see note), plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sherry vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
The instruction how to make Beef & pork sliders with chipotle ketchup
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- For the patties, combine all ingredients in a large bowl, season and mix well to combine. Roll into 24 walnut-sized balls, then flatten slightly to form 1.5cm-thick patties. Place on lined baking trays, then cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160u00b0C.
- For the ketchup, place tomatoes, cut-side up, on a tray, then drizzle with oil and scatter with 2 teaspoons thyme leaves. Roast for 1 hour or until soft and caramelised. Cool slightly, then place in a food processor with the chipotle peppers, adobe sauce, mustard powder and remaining 2 teaspoons thyme leaves and whiz until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan over low heat. Add the sherry vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar and 1/2 cup (125ml) water, then season. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce the oven to 150u00b0C.
- Cook prosciutto in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes each side until crisp. Cool, then break into shards.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the clean frypan over medium heat. In batches, cook patties, turning, for 8-10 minutes until cooked through, adding more oil as needed. Place on a baking tray and keep warm in the oven while you cook remaining patties.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the clean frypan. In batches, fry eggs for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, adding more oil as needed, until just cooked.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on the base of the buns, top with chipotle ketchup, a meat patty, some chopped cornichon, crisp prosciutto and a fried quail egg, then season. Finish each slider with the burger top and secure everything with a small skewer or toothpick.
Nutritions of Beef & pork sliders with chipotle ketchupfatContent: