This fennel butter is the perfect partner for any pork dish.
The ingredient of Pork cutlets with fennel & orange butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 6 (about 200g each) pork cutlets
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 25g butter
- 2 tablespoons marsala
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- Pinch of saffron threads
The instruction how to make Pork cutlets with fennel & orange butter
- To make the fennel & orange butter, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add fennel seeds and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Use a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle to grind until coarsely ground.
- Place fennel seeds, butter, orange rind and saffron in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Sprinkle thyme evenly over both sides of cutlets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the pork cutlets and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Add marsala to the pan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add orange juice and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Place cutlets on serving plates. Drizzle with sauce and top with a dollop of fennel & orange butter. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pork cutlets with fennel & orange butterfatContent: 464.855 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 45 grams protein